Local hospitals strengthen
Greene Memorial Hospital and Soin Medical Center work hand-in-hand to ensure the health and well-being of every patient they serve in the Miami Valley. They share over 1,200 employees between both hospital. Soin Medical Center, since built has grown over this past year by 20% over the previous.
Rick Dodds, President of Greene Memorial Hospital and Soin Medical Center said the hospitals focus on quality of patients first before anything else. Both hospital provide treatment to over 90,000 patients a year and that number continues to grow.
“The future of healthcare and the Affordable Care Act means keeping people out of the hospital as much as possible and Greene Memorial Hospital is setup very well for this future,” Dodds said.
But, what’s the difference between the two hospital?
Soin Medical Center
- Only hernia center in the region and has an excellent rating;
- Recently made 30 more beds available on the new fifth floor;
- Second busiest trauma center in the area seeing nearly 135 patients each day and over 20,000 by the end of the year;
- Award winning Stroke Center;
- Offers interventional cardiac services with the exception of open heart surgery; and
- Will be offering 3D mammography equipment next year;
Greene Memorial Hospital
- A Medicare threshold that can provide treatment to the community;
- Highly esteemed trauma center serving over 65 patients a day;
- Offers one of the only 3D mammography equipment; and
- Served over 102,000 patients in 2015.
With so many hospital facilities in the area, it’s good to know that each facility is as good as the next.